When calling around to all of the different car transport companies, customers will get high prices and really low prices. Problem is more so with the cheap prices. Those companies might end up costing more in the long run, whether it is them not being able to move the vehicle (time is money) or they might come back to the customer and tell them that is going to cost more than the originally stated price. Some questions that might arise are: “Will your car arrive at its destination in the same condition it was in when it left its origin?” or “Will it even arrive in a timely manner?” Make sure to do research on all car shipping companies at hand to ensure the vehicles safety. Do not just choose an auto transporter because of that low price.
Make sure to ask many questions regarding the vehicle transport process and how that company does business. Below are a few important questions to ask:
- How much will it cost to move a car from point A to point B?
- What is the time frame for pickup and delivery?
- Is the company licensed, bonded and insured?
- Do they comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s safety standards?
- What kind of equipment is used to load and unload vehicles?
- How long has the company been in business?
- How will the company handle any issues that might arise during transport?
- Was this company used by a friend or family member before that can vouch for its service?
A quality car transporter will be willing to answer any and all questions regarding the transport process. Make sure it’s not just a bunch of jargon they are throwing out just to get off the phone.